When times are tough it helps to look at the positive right? The proverbial silver lining. So here is my list of things I’ve enjoyed about this mandated social distancing:
- All meetings are held online, so I don’t need to concern myself with arranging rides.
- More time to crochet blankets, hats and coasters.
- More time to read the ridiculously long list of library books I’ve started reading and wasn’t able to finish before the loan expired.
- I don’t have to arrange the family dinner around evening activities.
- I can make breakfast for my family on Saturday mornings.
- Walks around the neighborhood with my kids (well, so far 1 kid and the dog).
- Running nearly every day.
I feel like last all last week I had a lot to say, a lot to blog about, but it didn’t feel right to publish anything just yet. I wanted to hold it close for awhile and see how I felt about things first. The first part of the week was busy because we had to do all our BSF meetings online. It was a little nerve-wracking but it all worked out very well. The second part of the week was a whole lot of nothing, giving me more time to really process the gravity of the situation we are all in. So now I’m feel a little less unsettled. Now I can comfortably get back to boring you all with my daily minutiae. I’ll probably keep talking about running, crocheting, and maybe even about the books I’m reading. I’m sure I’ll throw some tidbits in regarding the dog too. Be on the lookout!